Each year, at the annual convention of the American Council of the Blind of Ohio (ACB-O), a number of awards are presented to worthy individuals and organizations. Those awards are as follows:
1. KEN MORLOCK AWARD: Given to a person who is blind or visually impaired who has worked tirelessly and selflessly for the blind.
2. RUTH DAVIDSON AWARD: Given to a sighted person who has worked to enhance the lives of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
3. AMBASSADOR AWARD: Given to an ACBO member who has worked tirelessly for ACBO and the blind community.
<4. Arlene Cohen Art of Teaching Award
5. MEDIA AWARD: Given to a person who has written or reported about blindness or issues that concern blind or visually impaired persons. All nominations for the Media Award must be accompanied by the article, video, or other presentation which is the basis for the nomination.
6. EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR AWARD: Given to an Ohio employer who has hired and made accommodations for employees who are blind or visually impaired.
7. COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD: Presented to a city, town, etc. for its outstanding efforts it has put forth to enhance the lives of blind or visually impaired people.
Nominations should be submitted by September 1 to the following address:
Columbus, OH 43202
or by email to the ACB-O executive director, Ann Gazelle at:
The phrase "ACB Awards" should appear in the subject line.