In its program of promoting excellence in the state of Ohio, ACBO presents awards at its fall conference and convention to those who have distinguished themselves throughout the year to improve conditions for blind and visually impaired people.
Descriptions of Ohio Convention Awards
Each year, at the annual conference and convention of the American Council of the Blind of Ohio (ACBO), a number of awards are presented to worthy individuals and organizations. Those awards are as follows:
- Ken Morlock Award: Given to a person who is blind or visually impaired who has worked tirelessly and selflessly for the blind.
- Ruth Davidson Award: Given to a sighted person (citizen of Ohio) who has worked to enhance the lives of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
- Ambassador Award: Given to an ACBO member who has worked tirelessly for ACBO and the blind community.
- Arlene Cohen Art Of Teaching Award: Given to a blind or sighted teacher (in Ohio) of blind or visually impaired students.
- Media Award: Given to a person (citizen of Ohio) who has written or reported about blindness or issues that concern blind or visually impaired persons. All nominations for the Media Award must be accompanied by the article, video, or other presentation which is the basis for the nomination.
- Employer Of The Year Award: Given to an Ohio employer who has hired and made accommodations for employees who are blind or visually impaired.
- Community Service Award: Presented to a city, town, etc. for its outstanding efforts it has put forth to enhance the lives of blind or visually impaired people.
Nominations for Ohio Convention Awards
The deadline for award nominations is September 8, 2017. Letters of nomination may be mailed to the ACB-Ohio office:
3805 North High St.
Columbus, Ohio 43214
or sent via email to email@example.com.
If you need help with your submission or have questions, please contact Lori Woodall, awards committee chair, phone (513) 876-3351 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Award Winners
- There were no awards presented at the 2014 ACBO conference and convention.
- There were no awards presented at the 2013 ACBO conference and convention.
- 2012 award winners
- 2011 award winners
- 2010 award winners
- 2009 award winners
- 2008 award winners
- 2007 award winners
- 2006 award winners
- 2005 award winners
- 2004 award winners